I spent the last part of March and early April reading about basketball payers. Travel Team written by Mike Lupica is the story of Danny Walker, a short kid who is cut from the 7th grade travel basketball team for political reasons. He's one of the best players in town, but measuring only 4' 7", he's just not big enough. Danny's father, a short guy himself, takes matters into his own hands and organizes a travel team that has great game. Filled with vivid descriptions of the game, this story is one for anyone who has ever cheered for the underdog.
Michael Winerip has written 2 books about Adam Canfield, basketball player and co-editor of the school newspaper. Adam is at his best when he's researching some scandal that impacts his small town. In Adam Canfield of the Slash he exposes the school principal when she is misusing funds donated to the school. In Adam Canfield, Watch Your Back! Adam is researching bullies at his school, after he is mugged for his snow shoveling money.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is a great site... I think this is where I am supposed to post my comments... right? Well anyways I am reading this really great book called Brisinger. If you haven't read Eragon and Eldest, you should probably do that before you read there sequel, but it is AMAZING so far.
Ps. Brittney likes your site too!
Post a Comment